About & Submit
You are not currently viewing the most recent
Go to CIX Summit 2021
CIX is looking for the most innovative early and growth stage Canadian tech companies!
The CIX Top 20 program is Canada’s largest national showcase of the hottest and most innovative tech companies. Hundreds of applications are submitted each year from across Canada and the CIX Selection Committee evaluates and selects 20 based on 5 criteria: Business Model, Quality of Product and Service Offering, Innovation, Market Opportunity and Depth of Management.
- Be an incorporated Canadian business (Quebec excluded from requirement);
- Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world;
- Have a unique/ disruptive innovative digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value;
- Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue);
- Not previously designated as a CIX Top 20 company (once a CIX Top 20, always a CIX Top 20!);
- The company CEO or Founder must be available to present at CIX in Toronto on Oct 22 / 23 2019.
To apply for the CIX Top 20, your company must:
20 Companies will be selected by the CIX Top 20 Selection Committee and awarded designation as a 2019 CIX Top 20 company. Benefits include:
- Company CEO /Founder will present to audience of 800+ investors, customers, partners at CIX on either Oct 22 or 23 in Toronto during one of 4 CIX Top 20 Showcases;
- Participation in the CIX Top 20 MENTOR DAY, which includes free media training, advice on tax, raising capital, government incentives etc. Mentor Day is prior to CIX (date tbc) and takes place in downtown Toronto;
- Invitation to CIX VIP events attended by investors, corporates and media such TSX market open and various VIP events;
- Exhibit table in the CIX Top 20 Lounge over two days of CIX;
- Participation in ‘Demo Hours’ in the CIX Top 20 Lounge;
- Posting on CIX web site with company logo and description;
- Inclusion in CIX Top 20 announcement shared with CIX community of 10,000+.
- Recognition in CIX media releases and media interviews;
- Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, invitations to return to CIX as a speaker, introductions to media;
- 1 year membership at StartWell – office space in two locations downtown Toronto. Value of $1800;
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account. No cost to apply. 2019 submissions are accepted from May 15 to July 13, 2019 at 5:00 pm EST. You may begin the process and save your application, without submitting. The selection process takes place in July/August and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August. The CIX Top 20 will be announced on BNN live in early September.
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee will have access to a company’s submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.