About & Submit
You are not currently viewing the most recent
Go to CIX Summit 2019
Submissions closed on July 31 2017. The 2017 CIX Top 20 companies will be announced in early September.
CIX is looking for the most innovative new Canadian tech companies!
The CIX Top 20 program is Canada’s largest national showcase of the hottest and most innovative emerging tech companies. Hundreds of applications are submitted each year from across Canada. The CIX Selection Committee will evaluate and select 20 companies based on five criteria including Business Model, Quality of Product, Service Offering, Market Opportunity and Depth of Management.
- Be an incorporated Canadian business (Quebec excluded from requirement)
- Be privately held and not listed on any exchanges anywhere in the world
- Have a unique innovative, digitally-based business idea that brings commercial or social value
- Have a functional prototype (at minimum) of the product, service or application (must be in market, can be pre-revenue)
- The company CEO or Founder must be available to present at CIX in Toronto on Oct 17 or 18, 2017.
To apply for the CIX Top 20, your company must:
20 companies will be selected by the Selection Committee and awarded designation as a 2017 CIX Top 20 company. The benefits include:
- Your company CEO/Founder will present to audience of 800+ investors, customers, partners at CIX on either Oct 17 or 18 during one of the CIX Top 20 Showcases;
- Participation in the CIX Top 20 MENTOR DAY, which includes free media training, advice on tax, raising capital, government incentives, etc;
- Invitation to CIX VIP events attended by investors, corporates and media such as a TOP 20 private dinner, TSX market open, and various VIP events;
- Exhibit space in the CIX Top 20 Lounge over two days of CIX on Oct 17 & 18 2017 in Toronto;
- Posting on CIX website;
- Inclusion in CIX marketing elements shared with CIX community of 10,000+;
- Recognition in CIX media releases and media interviews;
- Ongoing support from CIX including tracking and celebrations of successes, participation at future CIX events.
How to apply
Complete the online application by creating an account. No cost to apply. The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm EST on July 31, 2017. You may begin the process and save your application, without submitting. The selection process takes place in August and successful applicants will be notified by the end of August.
No one outside of the CIX staff and Selection Committee will have access to a company’s submission information. It will never be used for any other purpose than to understand, analyze, review and judge the companies. Absolutely no information is shared, published or in any way compromised. It is a de-facto confidentiality agreement.