Over two days, CIX 2018 will include a lively mix of global keynote speakers, panel discussions, fireside chats, workshops and debates, tackling some of the most pressing topics facing founders and investors in the Canadian tech community.
The CIX Top 20 Showcases are always highlights of the conference, featuring the 20 most innovative early and growth-stage tech companies as selected by the CIX Top 20 Selection Committee. The CIX program will also include our popular "Spotlight on Canadian Success Stories” series, where successful founders share their experiences and lessons learned in a fireside chat format. As well, our “Conversation With” series gives attendees the chance to get up-close-and-personal with the most in-demand investors and corporates in a more casual, interactive setting. CIX’s popular Meeting Exchanges help connect companies and investors.
Some of the topics being discussed on stage at CIX this year will include:
- Opportunities in blockchain, from banking to cryptocurrency trading to gaming
- Investment/partnership strategies of the tech giants
- Innovations in robotics and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Raising capital and venture debt
- What we can learn from failure
- Practical advice for amplifying diversity
- AI in healthcare tech
- Fintech: Working with the banks, doing business globally
- Entrepreneurs-turned-angels: Strategies and lessons learned
- Quantum computing and 5G: Where are the opportunities and risks?
- Investment strategies of Asian CVCs and VCs
- Plus much more!